CMBO re-install problem

Tobruk

Hello all,

I got a new computer and am trying to install CMBO. It's been about 3 years since I first installed it so I don't know if I dealt with these problems before or not, but I need someone's help, please.

1. When I do a new install, Installshield comes up and installs all the files. Unfortunately it doesn't give me an opportunity to choose where to install the directory or any files. As a consequence I find the files scattered throughout the 'Windows' folder. Initial experiments indicate that the game plays ok, but I cannot install the patch (it can't find the cmbo directory!) In addtition I remember that cmbo was in it's own folder in Program Files on my old computer so I'm a little concerned that something is wrong. I would appreciate any insight into this. EDIT---OK, PLEASE DISREGARD THIS ISSUE; I READ THE SUPPORT GUIDES WHICH INSTRUCT ON MANUAL INSTALL- THE GAME RUNS WELL NOW, EXCEPT FOR THE FOLLOWOING TWO ITEMS:

2. After removal cmbo leaves a 2.70MB entry in the add/remove window of the Contol Panel, which cannot be removed. I suspect that this is the install shield, and it may be corrupted. Is there any way to remove this?

3. The play screen is skewed off to the left about two inches, instead of being centered. I also noticed this when I loaded the cmbb demo onto another computer at work. Anybody else have this prob? Can it be corrected?

Thanks for listening, and I would be grateful for any help on these matters. smile.gif

My system:

P4 2.53Mhz

512 MB RAM

Geforce 4 ti4600

Audigy X Gamer

Win XP

Cheers,

-Tom

PS: hello to all my friends I haven't spoken to in a long while. Will be in touch with you soon :cool:

[ October 20, 2002, 11:57 PM: Message edited by: TOBRUK ]