Forcing armor/infantry to start in zones

How do I force the the units to start in the zones that I have layed out for them on the map that I'm making. Right now the axis start in one corner and the allied in the other. They don't seem to want to start in the axis and allied zones that I made for them in the zone layout part of the map designing utility.

The units need to be placed in their respective zones in the scenario editor first. Once that is done they can be setup as part of the scenario. Their base color indicates what zone they can setup in unless you have padlocked the setup in which case it will be orange and the unit(s) cannot be moved at all during setup.

Harold

Hi

Use the preview function in the editor to allow you to place the units in your desired starting positions.

Remember that the position and view in which you leave the camera is the one that the player will see at the start of the scenario.

(for each side).

HTH

DraGoon is probably right on.

In the "Map" part of the scenario editor, you designate your zone: then you MUST click the "Preview" button.

You'll get a 3D map then; and you can then "place" the units in the set-up zones you want.

You don't even have to use zones though. "Padlock" the units down while "previewing" the map and "placing" the units.

Sober Stoneman

David Stone said:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>You don't even have to use zones though. "Padlock" the units down while "previewing" the map and "placing" the units.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just personal preference I guess, but I'd rather use zones to give the players the chance to put things in different places to vary the way the scenario is played each time. I try only padlock obstacle belts because the AI is horrible at placing them.

I'm currently wrestling with play balance for an ASL converted scenario.

The AI will deploy its units (within the reasonably given zones) almost as suicide. Too far forward. Too much in the LOS of longer range weapons.

The only solution: instruct players (in sceanrio briefings) to use the default setup ONLY when playing against the AI.

Stone