Low Detail in CM

I have just finished installing several mods. I was impressed by the detail in the new graphics. When installing and comparing them to the existing graphics, I discovered that they were only a subtle improvment over the originals. Upon playing the game, I noticed that all of the graphics seemed to be smeared and blurry, and heavily pixilated. I had at first assumed that this was intended in the original game. Now, upon seeing the same output from the detailed new textures, it makes me wonder what the mechinism is. A perfect example was the "rich_church" modification which adds stained glass to the church. I checked to make sure it was properly installed, but upon viewing the church in a scenario, it was not rendered with enough detail to make out the windows as much more than smears.

I am running this on a macintosh powerbook G3 400. I feel this cannot be part of the game, otherwise no one would put the effort into the detail of the textures. Any hints?