EFOW ?

Xavier

Do you remember that classic scene from the movie Spinal Tap where a band member's showing off his new stereo(?). He proudly boast that his speakers were louder than the others on the market because if you look at the dials the numbers go from one to eleven instead of from one to ten. Extreme FOW works about the same way.

:D

[spoilerS - though I imagine we've all played it now ;) ]

I take it from the question that you haven't played much with EFOW? Have you tried attacking as the Germans on Citadel or as the Soviets on Yelnia (and letting the AI do its own setup)? Finding out where units are is TOUGH. Heck, you can drive tanks over foxholes with guys in them and not know it. Those machine guns can rattle on for the entire game and not be spotted. Go on, try that ith CMBO and tell me if you can't find the improvements in EFOW ;) ATGs actually have a fair chance of getting off a number of shots without being spotted for sure.

I just took out three T-34s with my two ATGs on Yelnia without losing either. Not only that, after firing, and being fired upon, they were able to hide again.

EFOW is superb, specific information about units is greatly reduced. Both in what they are and where they are. It takes quite a bit of time for your troops to figure out the experience level of a unit. You can be sitting next to them and not know. While I agree that "Low?" and "High?" would be an better, I do not find it at all unlikely that you could determine the relative experience of the troops you face. Especially on the defensive, where you have the opportunity to watch what they do without being seen yourself.

Basically, play as the attacker with EFOW on in CMBB and then try that in CMBO. EFOW is a big difference. smile.gif Even the defender has to cope with EFOW since it is much easier for attacking troops to disappear. Like on Yelnia, where troops can actually hide in brush smile.gif

Originally posted by Xavier:

oh, I realize that I was may be expecting an "Over Extreme FOW" ;) I was just surprised to see that my ATR-teams were able to identify the "regular" quality of a nearby (20 meters) PzIII ... How that is possible in "real life"?

Because they were talking "regular" German .. :eek: , "Green" german is with the Bavarian accent, "Elite" very Prussian :D