Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

All text replaced in CMBB 1.0

When playing CMBB straight from the box, I get a weird video problem. The game works fine, but all text boxes in the game say the same thing. For example, if playing a game in 1944 May the 5th, theres a box that displays that. The problem is, every other editable text box in the game displays parts of it too. A box with five letters would say 1994M, a box with ten letters would say 1944Maythe.

A box that should say "dug in" will instead say part of whatever was the last text displayed on screen, for example "1944m".

And when I save the game, when I name my save game, a similar error occurs. If I call the game "Blitz", when I press "B", the name of the save game is also "B", when I press "l", the name changes to "ll", when I press "i", the names changes to "iii", and so on. So a save game named "Blitz" is diplayed as "zzzzz". Note though that when loading the game from menu the name is displyed correctly.

Here´s my specs:

P3 600

Kyro 2 Video Card

360 mb RAM

Abit Be6 mainboard.

Direct X 9.0 (which sucks, BTW)

I tried switching my video settings, no use.

Other games work fine. In game settings don´t help either. I´ve tried different drivers, no use. I know my way around computers and have tried alot of different stuff. Anyone else recognise this problem?

Which Kyro drivers are you using ? You are aware of some of the text problems that the drivers have that require a registry setting to correct ? Here's a recent thread a couple of days ago about it.

I suggest using the 'default' settings for DirectX. If you search for 'Kyro' on the Tech Support forum you will come across a number of threads relating to some of the technical issues with these cards.