Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

help with tcp\ip and pbem games

You suck? smile.gif

Seriously, I know you only just got the game, so maybe you're trying to play the wrong sort of people. There are quite a few players around here who've been playing for over a year and are pretty much masters of the game.

I've only just got my copy of the full game as well, so if you want a game email me at mikeluke1@yahoo.com or ICQ 42222936

Edited to include: hehe - and you've got a lower member number than me. I'm a newbie to you. smile.gif

[ 04-09-2001: Message edited by: Skorpion ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wolfcub:

well im gettin thrashed by ppl and i need help<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Wolfcub, I'm getting thrashed as well, but that's just part of the learning curve. I got the game back around the end of February, played about 2 weeks vs. a/i and started pbem. Now I'm pretty soundly kicking the a/i, and getting my but kicked in pbem. I'm playing some guys who have been playing this game quite a while though (two of them are #1 on their respective ladders, two others have been playing probably since the game first came out). Just look at it as the price of tuition and watch what the experienced players do and try to learn from it. I've found that these guys are REALLY helpful and will answer any question you ask them about how you should do things, why they do what they do, etc.

Good luck!!

I've had the game for a long time and I still get thrashed by really good players.

The really good players understand the strengths and weaknesses of each fighting object and deploy them so that they contribute the maximum to their well thought out co ordinated battle plan.

Some of these guys actually do it for a living!

I think the most important turn is the setup because that is where you set your tactics/strategy.

If your strategy is flawed, it will tell in the end score.

Keep playing and learning. Even the losses are fun.

Losing is a part of this game. What matters most is to have fun. But if one is losing all the time, it will leave a sour taste in one's mouth -if that's the situation, there is nothing to do but try to learn from one's mistakes..

I can tell you how to win a majority of your meeting engagements: try to always defend, and never attack. The easiest way to do this is to charge for the flags with your infantry (and then order them to hide).

There are nuances, and plenty of exceptions(which are what makes the game interesting), but getting to the flag first gives you a big advantage because the enemy is forced to come to you.

As long as you don't go beyond the flag and you charge in the first minute, it is amazingly safe to do. Try running across open ground as much as possible, because your men go faster (works best if said open ground is shielded from the other side by hills). It can also be a good idea to stop just short of the flag (50 meters of so) so that you get a chance to shoot up your opponent if he is rushing the flag.

SurlyBen

[ 04-13-2001: Message edited by: SurlyBen ]