Graphics Freezing, G-Force 4 MX440

I have a GeForce4 MX440 card running the Nvidia 41.09 drivers and Direct X 9.0 on Windows XP.

My games would instantly freeze for 10-15 secs randomly every 30 secs to a minute or so making CMBB almost unplayable.

I hope this is not a repeat for I could not find it in the forum history.

Any help or ideas would be most appreciated.

Please!

Have you checked to make sure nothing else is running in the background ? I highly suggest closing down all applications, utilities, anti-virus programs and scheduled events to make sure nothing else is interfering. I don't necessarily think the issue lies with your video drivers. More than likely something else is stealing CPU cycles, which is causing CM to pause/halt.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have everything off running in the background Antivirus software included and the game still freezes.

For a last resort, I switched back to my old Nvidia TNT Ultra card and took out my G-Force 4 MX 440 from Mad Dog Multimedia and the random freezing has resolved. I am running the same current Nvidia 41.09 drivers on XP.

While this is good, I want use my new and supposedly better G-Force 4 MX 440 card.

Anyone else have any possible solutions to my original problem? Or anyone else have this problem also?

If not I hope this is something fixed in the next CMBB 1.2 update.

I doubt that this will be fixed in any patch to CMBB. It's not something that can actually be fixed with a patch anyway.

I suggest returning your video card and getting another one, preferably from a different manufacturer (ASUS, Albatron, Microstar, Leadtek, etc.). There's also a possibility of minor incompatibilities between your motherboard (or its chipset/AGP drivers or BIOS code/settings) and your GeForce 4MX - hence your problem could return, even with a card from a different manufacturer.