Fundamental rule to survive on the CM battlefield

BRING YO ARTY TO DA PARTY! wink.gif

I was playing a quick battle, and when i was selecting my forces i opted not to bring artillery that one time. This turned out to be a big friggin mistake ...

The AI placed an AT gun on a hill and took out two HT's a stuG42 and my only panther. Leaving me with one stuG42 and two HT's. Also the crummy little bastard killed or wounded about 15-20 infantrymen.

Basically, that little 76mm AT gun stopped my attack cold and threw my plan out the window. I had to come up with a plan to take out that AT gun and continue to advance.

It would have been so so easy to just plaster the AT gun with arty while keeping my forces safe.

So ... don't make the same mistake i did. If you have a chance to obtain some artillery, any artillery, do so! If you are given artillery in a scenario, save it for these situation. smile.gif

MK

Arty rules! Even if it doesn't eliminate troops, it will keep their heads down. The first game I played of the gold demo was CE as the Germans against the AI. The amis were headed to my right across the wheat field and a spotting round landed right in front of them. 3-4 units spun around and ran!

I also just played my first quick battle-- I had a company+some misc armor (2 priests, 2HTs, a T8 recon and a utility armored car) and an FO for some 81 mortars. The 81s have terrible firepower but great smoke. I started suppression fire on some germs that I was going to have to charge across a field to get, then turned it to smoke and charged. Worked great-- I managed to eliminate the platoon HQ for that sector and rout (then eliminate) the entire platoon. I also had an on-map 81 take out the lone Panzer IV with a shot through the deck.

Without the mortars I would have been chewed up running across the field.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>You live in Australia and have CM. Since NO shipped copies could POSSIBLY be in Australia yet would you like to enlighten us as to how you got it?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL! There always is more than one possibility! tongue.gif

------------------

Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good!

I agree with the General. I had a bad situation turn into a decisive victory last night after my 'little friends' with the air corps dropped two 500 pounders in two separate runs across the enemy positions. The blast did as much damage as the shrapnel.

I can see why lots prefer it.

• 2 weeks later...

I often felt that the AI didn't utilize arty too well until yesterday. I had a perfectly placed pair of 76mm AT guns take out a Mark IV and over a half dozen halftracks. I had totally shut down the German advance. Two minutes (and some highly accurate mortar fire) later, no more AT guns, and in fact, no more right flank for now.