Taking a ride

I have a few questions about riding on vehicles.

Suppose I'm using a vehicle to transport a unit across open terrain. I put in an order for the vehicle to move over near the unit. It doesn't quite get there before the end of the 60 seconds. For my next turn I'd like it to finish moving next to the unit, pause to pick him up and then move to where the unit should be. Can I enter a pause command and then a move command and have that result in the vehicle finishing the move from last turn, pause while he picks up the unit and then move again? I thought I tried this and it didn't work.

Also, the same vehicle is moving and carrying a unit. I'd like to have them finish moving the unit, let the unit jump off and then move somewhere else. Can this be done? Again, I think I have tried this without success. I believe I read somewhere that a pause can only be used at the beginning or end of a turn, not the middle.

Finally, I've had problems with the timing between vehicles and passengers. I order a vehicle to pause at the beginning of a turn so a unit has time to load up. I know the delay time before the unit starts to move but I don't know how long it will take them to embark once they start moving. So how do you know if you have given a long enough pause to the vehicle to let them wait for the unit to load up. One time my vehicle left to early and the unit walked all the way across an open field chasing the vehicle trying to embark!

Sluggo

I thought I read in a post somewhere that a unit can't embark/debark while the vehicle has a move command. If this is the case then you'd have to cancel all move commands, order the passenger to embark/debark, then on the next turn start moving the vehicle. This is what I do now and don't have any problems. Yes, the pause command can only be used at the beginning of the turn.

Originally posted by PantherGunner:

I thought I read in a post somewhere that a unit can't embark/debark while the vehicle has a move command.

If you give a embark/debark command, it will do it at the end of the movement of the vehicle. So you can give a debark command, and when the vehicle reaches its destination before the end of the move, the infantry will debark and go where they were ordered to.

Henri