Biltongs Campaign Rules for CMBB - latest update

Here you go….

Main changes:

1. Catered for all the Division Types that appear and disappear throughout the months.

2. Made the rules (more) accessible for newbies. You should be able to play it without reference to the old rules.

3. Fixed various errors – esp. Overall Experience Gain

4. Split Experience for Armor and Non-Armor

5. Detailed Notes on:

a. Emergency Reorganization

b. Core Force

c. Overall Experience Gain

d. Scrounged Units

e. Generating the Real Battle

f. Counter/Immediate Attack

Thanx for all the feedback guys - helped a lot.

Nearly there – needs a bit of an intro and some play testing….

I e-mailed an update to every-one (I think) If I missed you out or if you want one - let me know.

Biltong

[ November 10, 2002, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: Biltong ]

Mark Pilgrim just pointed something out: You won't be able to select air from the Auto QB.

Sollution:

When you buy your final forces (Generate Real Battle 47) you will buy the most expensive one you can with the points you received from the roll.

Thanx Mark - keep up with the feedback guys

Biltong

Two guys just asked the same question:

"First off, I never saw wrecks rules, so I might miss some important information on how to use these rules...

...I don't understand how it's supposed to work. I got up to "47 Generate Aux Forces using Auto QB".

I had rolled up these aux forces:

Core Force Total: 569

Infantry/Support: 225

Vehicle: 140

Armor: 250

Arty/Air: 1000 (!)

Yes, I was very lucky with the rolls smile.gif

This makes for a Force Size of 3000, right?

Yes - Right

So I did the "47 Generate Aux Forces using Auto QB"

with all the settings I rolled up, with Force Size 3000, but that only gave me ALOT of inf (pioneers...) and armored cars, no armor and certainly not 1000 pts Arty/air.

No problem guys,

I'm still expanding on the explanations for guys who didn't play the old rules.

If you went one point further to Generate the Real Battle it would've become clear -

See Note 7:

"If you have points left in an Auxiliary Category after buying all the units generated by the Auto QB (47) you can choose what you want to buy from the normal QB unit list until you have used up the Purchase Points for that Category."

So - if no armor was generated you are actually lucky, because you get to choose :D Same with Air allthough I just expanded 34 Air adding to the bottom:

"You won't be able to select an aircraft during 47 Generate Aux Forces using Auto QB. Don't worry..… In Generate Real Battle 48 you will buy the most expensive aircraft you can with the points you received from the roll. "

Hope this makes it more clear.

I'm currently working on a document for guys new to the rules, explaining how the whole thing hangs together and eventually I want to include an example generated battle.

You are not the only one who has aked these questions...

Go well

Biltong

PS Just modified th erules to make this clearer,,, keep the questions coming

[ November 12, 2002, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: Biltong ]

I'm new to the rules, and felt a little overwhelmed by the excel sheet at first. I'm confident now that I understand them. Actually rolled up a QB last night, and I'm going to slug it out today after I get home from work.

It's obvious a lot of effort went in this. Thanks for all your work so far.

Mark - on it's way...

Another comment/question:

Q. One thing, when doing the "Auto QB", shouldn't the Force Size be "Purchase Point Total" - "Core Force Total" (rounded up)? Otherwise the AI buys aux units with my core points too, so to speak.

A. Nope - The QB normally buys a company of troops in any case, which equals out against your Core Force. And at most you'll have just enough Inf/Support points to buy one platoon. There's hardly any risk that you'll buy the whole generated company.

I want to have enough points out there for the QB to buy arty and support weapons as well - to force you to select them. I could just have allowed you to buy what you want, but then you'll end up buying only what you know and never experience the rest. This is one of the benefits between normal QB play and playing with the rules... it forces you to get to know the whole massive range of units out there. And believe me... some of those crappy little vehicles/units, which you never would have dreamt of buying, can be very handy in the right situation - esp for their price...

Biltong