Off Center Screen

Tobruk

Hello Matt (or someone),

I just got a new computer and have installed CMBO. I am amazed at the graphics I was missing :eek: and everything seems to work fine except for one thing. The screen is skewed to the left about two or three inches. For instance when I call up the black vehicle info screen, I can only see the right half of it, the rest is buried off screen,. The right margin of the play screen is a verticle black bar. Oddly enough, this same thing happened with the CMBB demo when I loaded it on an entirely different computer at work, so I suspect something about the game itself. I didn't have this problem, however, with an old IBM computer. Latest drivers etc. Do you have any insight into this? Can it be fixed? BTW- I don't have prob with any other application.

My specs:

P4 2.53GB, i850E

Asus P4T533-C mobo

512 MB Rambus

Geforce4 ti4600, Leadtek- driver v3087

Audigy X Gamer

Cheers, smile.gif

-Tom

[ October 22, 2002, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: TOBRUK ]

Duh redface.gif

Well, guys, the pref file registered ok, and the resolution was ok, and I don't think it was causing the problem (Of course I don't have much confidence in what I think anymore).

What you suggested, Demoss, was the obvious solution and has worked. I didn't try it before because I assumed that changing the monitor settings would effect all my other programs. But it doesn't, and that really mystifies me. Is there some way that the program 'remembers' the monitor settings?

Anyway, thanks to both of you for your input. I guess I'll try to load the CMBB demo now, and see if that works :cool:

-Tom

Originally posted by TOBRUK:

What you suggested, Demoss, was the obvious solution and has worked. I didn't try it before because I assumed that changing the monitor settings would effect all my other programs.

That's what I thought too. Well, live and learn.

:confused:

Demoss gets the prize for this one.

:D

Michael

Its actually the monitor remembering the screen postion settings based on Resolution AND Refresh rate. Apparently when you are in the game you are running a different resolution (or refresh rate than on your desktop. As such your monitor will have different position settings for each.

Madmatt