Newbee Question

Hey All!! Just got this great game from "Chips and Bits"(CDV English) version. My question is how come in the "quick mission generater" if I buy...lets say 10 panthers only 5 show up on the map when I start the battle? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I can't find anything in the manual.........Thanks!

This could be because you have the casualties setting set to 50% (in the example you mentioned). So you get to buy 10 tanks, but 50% of those are randomly selected to be pre-battle casualties (due to prior combat, or simply breakdowns etc.)

Martin

Moon is correct. It is the casualty setting. Any percentage will rearrange your force in such a manner as to reflect the casualties you elected to set. It will either not provide a percentage of what you purchased, or change your troop experience settings, (i.e., green instead normal, or vet and green mixed). Quite nice really. Makes for a less predictable outcome for the TOE.

Chips n Bits!!! I didn't know that. Criminey, it'll be in the L.L. Bean catalog next.

[ December 08, 2002, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: Bruno Weiss ]

Casualty setting is none, this has actually happened to me in 2 different games, maybe there is some kind of random chance you don't get the troop experience you bought built into the game?

PS I just did a quick battle, casualty setting to none, bought all tanks for both sides, all regular and there does appear to be some kind of random chance you will not get the quality you bought, I had mostly regular but also 1 or 2 vet or green tanks on both sides.

[ December 08, 2002, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: PvtTom ]

Hmm, dunno. I thought it was on account of the casualty settings. I haven't tried it without using them. Was it (the tank), a part of a platoon or did you buy it individually. There is a random setting for troop quality, experience, etc. Was it set to random?

[ December 08, 2002, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: Bruno Weiss ]

The variance is automatic and regardless of casualty settings; some units will be above the level you asked for (This is one of only two ways that I'm aware of to have an elite unit in a QB. The other is to import one...), and some will be below. It's probably more realistic that way than having homogeneous forces.

As for cas... if you are the defender in a 1000-pt QB with 50% cas, you'll be allowed to purchase 1500 pts, but only 1000 pts of units will show up.

Yes, experience is randomized. 10% (if I remember correctly) of all units on the map will be adjusted one level down, and 10% one level up from the selected experience setting. This is intended to give some more variety to each battle, and is also a little more realistic.

Martin

(Edited for typo)

[ December 08, 2002, 04:46 PM: Message edited by: Moon ]