Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Normandy Tiger...

Originally posted by Rob Murray:

I've downlownloaded the Jorge MC_Normandy_Tiger_cmmos file from CMHQ & extracted it into my cmbo bmp folder & extracted it again. However, the texture is not displayed in the game. Would appreciate some help.

Thanks.

For whatever it is worth, the only thing that you should have inside your CMBO/BMP folder are bmp files. You certainly don't want to have any folders in there because neither CM nor CMMOS will know how to look inside them. And dumping the uninspected contents of your downloads into your BMP folder isn't a great idea because many of them contain important readme files (a few of them contain critically important readme files), and you will find, after a while, that you have an accumulation of unidentifiable crud in the bottom of that folder that CM can't do anything with. So do yourself a favor and always download and unzip to a safe holding area unconnected to any functioning program, inspect the contents, and then copy the relevant parts to your BMP folder. One of the other reasons for doing that is that it is really easy to forget to unzip to the right destination. If you're using the airlock method that I've described, you'll know if you messed up because there won't be anything in the folder.

Presumably you have installed the latest version of CMMOS 3.02 to C:\Program Files\GEM Software Productions\CMMOS. The self-installer in CMMOS takes care of most of that procedure for you. Don't put anything in a Games folder (a lot of people do that and wonder why nothing works) as it confuses CMMOS.

Finally, CMMOS only works if you remember to click on the relevant icon (assuming that it doesn't have a red disabled sign drawn through it), and then click on the "Apply" button at the bottom of the page. I forget to do this all the time. I keep meaning to tell Gordon that he's simply got to reprogram CMMOS so that it can read my mind.

One very useful trick to know about is the log file in CMMOS, which is in the CMMOS folder right next to the CMMOS readme file. If you click on it and read through it, it will tell you what you really did, as opposed to what you think you did. It can be quite illuminating (and for me, frequently very embarassing).

Give a shout if you're still having problems.