Game Will Not Run

I bought the CMAK and CMBB bundle via digital download. Everything downloaded and seemed to install just fine, expect that the game refuses to load properly.

When I go to start the game, it immediately flashes an "Application Error - Application failed to initialze properly. 0xc0000005" No black screen. No blue screen of death. Just a failure to load at all. This is strange because the demos still work flawlessly.

I have tried reinstalling the games, updating my video drivers, reinstalling directx, but nothing is working. Any suggestions???

Try this and let us know.

Problem: When game is launched an Unhandled Exception: c0000005 at address: 0053d978 & 005419e5 (can also be some other addresses but they always start with c0000005) error occurs.

Cause/Solution: At some point a DirectX component file has become corrupted or is no longer correctly functioning. In order to resolve this issue you should re-install DirectX. Recommend the latest version, which is now DirectX 9.0a and can be obtained directly from Microsoft at the following URL:

Not sure if you have DEP, but let's check. Right click on My Computer and do a properties. Once it opens click on Advanced. Under performance, click on settings, then go to the Data Execution Prevention tab. Click on turn on DEP for all program EXCEPT those I select. Once you have that turned on, then pick add, and put in the executable for CMAK and CMBB. Once it is added, try restarting the game. Let me know.

Rune