kudos kudos kudos

Great game. Received it yesterday and took time off work to play it today. I know a great game when I see it--been gamings since the mid 60s. This is game of the year, heck, game of the century, as far as I'm concerned.

I'm sure bugs will emerge eventually etc., but it will still be great.

I played the tutorial scen. and lost following the instructions. Replayed it using real world tactics and beat the pants off the Germans. I got my tanks hull down, put one platoon were it could provide long distance suppression fire, and send the second platoon on an end run. His two tanks came up, and assumed hull down positions. I drew first blood, hitting one tank on the turrent. Then he got one of mine and I got his second one at the same instance. Best I could tell from replay is that the two tanks killed each other!

But, that wasn't the most exciting thing about the scen. When my flanking platoon got into position (easily with the covering fire), I sat up a machine gun nest and then rushed the enemy position. He was so taken up with the covering fire that I got on his position without losing a single man. After clearing out the main nest I did a second assault on his secondary line, while the remaining tank took out two machine gun nests.

I watched it over and over each turn. My blood pressure went up (can feel it on the back of my neck) the more excited I became. Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Battlefront. It will be one in a million

------------------

Jack Holt

jackholt@home.com

I played the tutorial for the first time as the allies at +50%. I got three tanks and advanced them up the middle road in a line formation with overwatch. When his firt tank appeared, I nailed it. When the other one showed he got one of mine but the other two finished him. My remaining tanks advanced far enough to see his troops in the woods, whereupon I pounded him with mortar fire. As his panicked troops got up to run, I nailed them with my tank machine guns. Meanwhile, my entire force of infantry of 2 or 3 platoons had snuck around his right flank. They rushed the German position just as the second mortar barrage had finished and simultaneous with the advance of my tanks over the remaining frontal distance. Needless to say, the axis remaining infantry were slaughtered as they ran in panic from their positions. I think my victory was something like 95 to 5.

Great fun. Heheheheh.

Congrats to BTS for a great, great game.

PS. I did not fare nearly so well in the other scenarios I have played so far. smile.gif

Glad you liked the tutorial scenario guys. It does give you a feel for the game. That was our goal.

And the other scenarios get a little tougher, but you will get the hang of it.

There are more than a few nail-biters on the CD, but they can be won.

------------------

Wild Bill

Wild Bill's Raiders

Director of Scenario Design,

The Gamers Net

billw@thegamers.net

http://wbr.thegamers.net

I played the Tutorial scenario as the Americans and then as the Germans. As the Germans, I left the two Pz IVs in the roadway by the woods, one a bit behind the other. The infantry I moved up and sent one half into the woods on the Germans left front and the other into the scattered trees to the right front of the German position. So I had the road leading up to the cross-roads from the Allies position flanked with troops and armour in the center, but back a bit.

A brief exchange of fire as the two Shermans came up the road. Germans 2, Americans 1. The main Allied infantry advance was through the woods on their right flank, pretty much as the tutorial says to do it. But the Germans were waiting in the trees, with a fire base across the road pouring flanking fire into the Americans.

Basically the Americans were stopped cold and could not get passed the German positions until time ran out for them.

Ober

------------------

"Them Yankees couldn't hit the broa..."