New terrain.

I am a bit of a novice at this so I apologise if I've posted it in completely the wrong place, also I no nothing on the technical side so it's up to you clever folks to make something of them.

I hope I don't start by offending anyone state side but as I live in Scotland I feel that CM terrain dosn't really feel that European so here are some suggestions mostly based on the fact that we really don't have the wide open spaces and towns you have.

1)Terraced Houses;- Terraces are very common even in small European villages often called rows in Scotland. This might be simulated by a combination of heavy building and wall, with the building running continuously from one side to the other. Redoing the existing wall tiles in this way would not only allow a more realistic depiction of rural France, but when used as single tiles would allow "L" and "T" shaped buildings.

2)Offset walls;- When you run a Wall, Hedge or Bocage, near a road it doesn't look right because it's so far back, they are normally feet rather than yards from the road. To simulate this instead of running the feature down the middle of the tile it could be run about 1/4 of the way. If we assume a road is about 5m wide then currently walls are about 65ft from it's edge, this change would at least bring then to within 50ft.

An alternative would be to make wall tiles that ran along the tile edge, or to create walled or hedged roads, like the wooded road tiles.

Ditches & Dykes:- A ditch is little more than an inverted hedge although I guess that might not be so easy to do. Dykes could be a adaption of a bridge but with solid sloped sides, barring vehicles but not infantry.

A dkye over water would not only be good for Holland, but could also be used as alead in to bridges which would not only look good but would help to overcome or mask some of those quirky road twist problems bridges create when you have to change height to match the bridge levels.

Used on it's own a dyke over water would also make a neat pier or harbour.

4) Barns;- Really any large agricultural building. A redoing of the existing large light building or the big heavy buiding with a wooden finish a fewer windows.

It could be made more vulnerable to weapons , more likely to burn and restrictions could be placed on upper floor occupancy.

Ploughed fields;- Brown stripped terrain a sort of darker broken for use as an automatic alternative ( Like water turning to ice) for cornfields in spring and autumn.

Thanks for listening.

Peter.

:rolleyes: