Upgrade to CMBB and manual

Hi all,

My one main worry about the CDV version of CMBB as opposed to the Battlefront.com version is my perception that the manual is very very poor. I own CMBO (bought from Battlefront.com a few years ago). If I own CMBO already do I really even need a manual or can I just pick up tips about the new orders, effects as I go along?

Regards,

FUBAR’D

I have the CDV version, with the cut-down paper manual, and have printed out some of the rest from the pdf file on the CD. It all seems to be there, though the choice of what goes on paper, and what goes on disc seems a little odd. For example, the two tutorials are in the pdf format, so you really HAVE to print them off if you want to follow them properly. The alternative of switching back and forth between pdf file and game is a nightmare, at least for me.

As to whether or not you really need the manual if you have already played CMBO is a matter of opinion. Yes you can pick up a lot simply by trial and error, and by reading the posts here on the forum. The manual doesn't claim to be exhaustive, and I think Battlefront has already said on this forum that it's not meant to be a strategy guide. Some of it is worth reading once, and some of it is worth printing out and having to hand, at least while you become familiar with the new commands. Have you played the demo with any great success without a copy of the CMBB manual? If the answer is 'yes' then you don't have a problem. If the answer is 'no' then you should try it some (more). If you can't get the hang of it then you'll need to print off the pdf files, or tear the cover off the CDV manual and post it with your (nominal) fee to Battlefront who will send you a genuine US manual. (Quite handy if you want something to read whilst sitting on the bog, I find). The instructions for this are around here somewhere.

The lack of a proper manual with the CDV version should NOT, in my opinion, prevent you from purchasing this truly excellent game.