Sturmbannfuhrer Wanted to lead attack on Stoumont

I've made a copy of ASL's KPG 1 campaign #1. I'm playing it through as the Amis right now, and would like some input as to play balance or any other issues. I don't have the briefing done for the US yet but everything else is done. It is a German destroy operation of 8 battles, 20 turns each. I couldn't get all of the US units in( I hit the MAX number of "counters") so there may be a playbalance problem later in the operation. All of the SS units from the KPG purchase roster are in plus a few extras. Needless to say this thing is HUGE. And the German player has alot of vehicles to move around.

I tried it as an assault type operation but at the end of the first battle the Amis always got moved out of the town and ended up on the map edge for the start of the next battle, regardless of how close the germans got to the town. I've played through 4 battles (US side) as it stands now and everything seems to be working. I think with a destroy operation it will continue through till the end regardless of how much ground you take or lose.

For those of you that have played KGP.

Actual HASL KPG vs CM operation issues;

1. The US can't enter reinforecements from the north. They showup on the west edge. It would be nice if you could designate different areas or restrict them to a road. Maybe in CM2.

2. Units can't be set to enter during a battle. They all show up at the begining.

3. Weather can't be preset. Although I've had Fog once and the visiblility for the first battle has been less than 250m the five times that I have started it up (falling snow). On the plus side, you wouldn't know what the weather is going to be in reality.

4. Can't blame poor tactics on bad dice rolls.

If your still reading this you can email me or post here and I'll send you a copy. All I ask for in return is your feedback. And don't worry about pissing me off. Tell me what you think and how it can be better.

(edited for visiblility and times started)

------------------

Jason

"Casualties many; Percentage of dead not known; Combat efficiency; we are winning."

(Colonel David M. Shoup, USMC, Tarawa, 21 November 1943.)

[This message has been edited by Teufel Hunden (edited 08-01-2000).]

Dear Mr. Devil Dog,

Sounds like a very ambitious project. I'd be willing to take a look at it, but can't promise you that I can get it played through any time soon. But sometimes even just having someone start playtesting an op for you can give you some good feedback as I've already found out.

You can set any of the four edges of the map to be friendly to either side. Once you do this (i.e. set north to be Ami controlled) you should be able to set reinforcement entry point markers there. At least I think from what you are saying that this is the problem you are having.

Mikester out.

Mike,

Any amount of input is welcome. I played the orignial HASL campaign with a buddy some years back and thought it was a good time.

The setup on an Operation is differnet from that of a battle. You can only select the direction that the attacker is attaking in. It would be nice if for the intial battle of the operation you had the same options as you do for just a battle.

the Op is on the way.

------------------

Jason

"Casualties many; Percentage of dead not known; Combat efficiency; we are winning."

(Colonel David M. Shoup, USMC, Tarawa, 21 November 1943.)

[This message has been edited by Teufel Hunden (edited 08-01-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Teufel Hunden:

Mike,

The setup on an Operation is differnet from that of a battle. You can only select the direction that the attacker is attaking in. It would be nice if for the intial battle of the operation you had the same options as you do for just a battle.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bummer!!! Guess I was think of the single battle editor. There goes one or two other ideas I had for setting up certain things in an op. Oh well.

Mike