Map/Editor questions for a newbie

Played CMBO for about a year, and now got CMBB, but never used any of the editior tools, or map making tools for the programs.

My question, for you experienced players, Can I set up my own historically correct battles using just the simple "quick battle" then picking the units I want, (without the spend limit)and placing them where they should go on the supplied map, or do I have to learn and use the scenerio editor to get the type of set up I want, for the actual units and there positions in a battle.

and if the ladder... where could I get information on map making and scenerio making, (besides the manuals tutorial and info ;) )

Thanks in advance.

You can do a Quick battle with OOB of your choosing, as long as you respect the points value you set ...

AND you can now (in CMBB) even use a pregenerated map (for example an historic one, or one you've made...) and put your units on them !

The only difference bertween "Quick" and non-quick scenario is just that you won't have access to "details" : name of leaders, ammo loads, unit with varying level of morale/fatigue, etc...