For Lovers of the War in the Pacific

Mike Thompson has been working on a new project using COmbat Mission. The results are amazing. He and others are creating a full Pacific game with terrain, troops and weapons peculiar to the Pacific War. I'm very impressed with his work.

If you have an interest in the US Army-USMC war against the Japanese, then you are gonna love this! I really don't think BTS will do a Pacific game.

So for those folks who want to see one, this is a nice opportunity.

I need 3 CM guys to test some scenarios for this game. To be able to do requires a little work It means you will have to download the bmp, wav and other files that will be needed to create the conversion game.

Those who have worked with me before know the routine. I sometimes work you hard but we have fun. I need people who are consistent, who will hang in there with us.

If you are interested, especially if you have tested with me before, drop me a line. I prefer a direct answer via e-mail to talk with you personally.

bwilder@bellsouth.net

So there it is. If any of you have an affinity or interest in the Pacific and can hang in there till it is done, let me know. I DON'T need quickstarters/quickquitters. I think you'll be pleased with the changes in the game that Mike Thompson has effected. The new Pac terrain REALLY looks good!

I'll notify here when we have our crew complete.

Wild Bill

Panzerman I got a list from WB on his scenario ideas. He has about 40 scenarios he wants to do and I have a list of about another 30+. His are new creations and mine, well, mine are "based" on a popular boardgame that we cannot talk about.

To let you know the mod is going well. Tanks A Lot did the trees which made the mod possible.

Japanzer in Japan is working up some mods to make axis vehicles look more Japanese like. (It is strange how many weapons are almost universal at this time period. In fact the Japanese actually used a 20mm flak based on the German design.)

Dave Singer has worked up the Japanese uniforms. Mike Dorosh already had the uniforms for the British/Commonwealth army in the Pacific.

I already have the Japanese speech files.

If interested please let me or WB know. My email is desertcmt@attbi.com

MikeT

Originally posted by Wild Bill Wilder:

No worries, Panzerman. With everything else I am doing, I'll be awhile, a long while doing 40 scenarios on the Pacific.

You'll probably keep up quite well with us. I hope we can keep up with you.

Thanks, Jester. I know how you feel :eek: ;)

WB

Thats good to know. When it comes to battles do you want full AARs ie. turn by turn or just the battle AAR? As for me being fast, I don't know about that. I like to play a battle (when testing) three or four times through, just to prove how bad the AI is at playing.

[ April 01, 2002, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: Panzerman ]