BTS - Any Add-Ons Planned?

BTS, I know you have one or two things to work on at the mo, ;) but are there any plans for add-ons to CMBO or CMBB? I mean such as vehicles and the like (I am thinking of MS Flight Sim aircraft additions as an example). Is this even technically possible with CMs current engine?

I know there have been many discussions on what vehicles people would like to be added, and that many would prefer not to see operationally controversial vehicles such as the PzKpfw VIII 'Maus' and JS-III added, so why not give people the choice? Perhaps a '1946' CD?

I know some of the limelight will be taken away from CMBO when CMBB comes out, but I suppose it actually depends on which theatre you want to fight in really - given that the engine is pretty much the same (I know there are a great many changes having said this though). Maybe the longevity of the games would be enhanced by vehicle and TOE add-on CDs or downloads?

If this is not possible with CMBO, then maybe you could leave things 'open ended' with CMBB? I don't mean 'crackable' by this. I'm just thinking that if you can build vehicle models and put them in the game now, then what would stop you - as creators of the game - doing so at a later date through an add-on? Glaring lack of technical knowledge in this area shining through now... :rolleyes:

Having said all this, I must say that I still thoroughly enjoy CMBO to the same extent as the day I got it - what with all the Mod Experts out there, but I guess I'm just used to you giving us everything, and then spoiling us again anyway...

I've no idea when you might fit something like this in, but here's to hoping.

Rgds

[ March 05, 2002, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: Paul T. Gardner ]

Paul..AFAIK BTS has said in the past that they have no intention of making a "add on" to CMBO as it would involve tons of work and screw up the whole shooting match...ie...any new vehicles/units would have to be tested for bugs and how they react with the "original" cd...thats time BTS would rather spend bringing us ENGINE II smile.gif

Who know's..mb we may in the future get what we ask for all the bells and whistles..but it wont be with the present game engine smile.gif

I hope this helps.

regards

Måkjager

[ March 06, 2002, 09:54 PM: Message edited by: Måkjager ]