I would appreciate your feedback...

...on any or all of the four scenarios I recently posted to the Scenario Depot: Austrian Sideshow, Dawn Patrol, The Bear Trap, and The Center Collapses. Comments - good, bad, or indifferent - here or in a review at the Depot would be just fine. Thanks.

Bimmer, i´ve played your scenario "The center collapses".

Spoilers

The beginning was very good. The tension rised when I awaited the enemy from all sides and hoped

that my defense is well positioned.

The first platoon of T34/85´s was quickly destroyed and the enemy inf. was hold up a few turns... until the JS-2 tanks arrived. I have lost allready a Tiger to the T-34/85 and the second was destroyed when the second platoon of enemy T34 arrived... (but he killed 2 of them)

The enemy inf. broke through my lines, which were weakened by 122mm fire. One shot of a 75mm ATG missed and two other bounced off a JS-2... ATG destroyed...

My AT inf. was shot down after some unlucky tries to do their work. A few turns later I surrendered desperately... :(

The map design is nice and you can place some ambushes for enemy tanks.(if you know where they will arrive...) I think I lost because my AT equipment and tanks were useless, because I awaited the enemy tanks from the wrong direction.

But the most important thing is: It made fun! (allthough i´ve lost)

SL4 the HedgeHog of Pipsqueak, reviewed, in some partial sense, by an outsider to SL. FWIW:

I wanted to play Allies, so I chose the version whose description in the scenario list says "Human Allied vs Axis AI". Reading the briefing, it says to play only as "Axis Human vs Allied AI". Hmm.

So fine I opened the other one, which was consistent as Axis- ok, so now I know which is which but I've got this one open I'll play Axis.

"Appearance", "Necessitated", "Panicked", maybe some other spelling defeats...

Anyhow- not being familiar with "SL", I spent some time trying to grok the strange caveats outlined in the briefing, smile.gif , but I'm pretty sure I got 'the rules' and so finally I'm off and running.

In setup, different things could be done, I suppose, but I considered the most risk averse tactic to be just sitting on the flags and waiting for numbnuts to show up. Well he did, but that meant I was hitting Go for about fifteen turns.

After that, he shot at me, and I shot back at him. I could certainly say it was educational with respect to placement of sparse defending troops- the one poor squad who got *swamped* by the first wave recorded sixty enemy casualties, but I did have to feel sorry for him, to have placed him in such a vulnerable place... Posthumous medals, for sure.

I got a Total victory in CM, which might be something else in SL simulated conditions, but I don't think I'm concerned to figure it out. Other than the education by experiment, I may have missed the point of this one. At a minimum, even if the scenario is an implementation of an SL thingie, I would have been happier if it were an implementation *in spirit*, rather than attempting to get it exact to the letter. It's just a bit goofy to have HQs on the board whom I shouldn't use, units to claim the flags whom I shouldn't move...

So, since you asked, I told. I do appreciate your making any kind of scenario for the CM community, and I hope you don't take this as a slam, just a viewpoint. I *could* play this one again, to further experiment with troop placement in this kind of situation, but I probably won't, just as a reaction to unCMness and the lack of my own necessary involvement once troops are placed. smile.gif

Hth,

Eden