Vanishing Buildings... Am I missing something?

Pardon me if this has been recently discussed.

I've owned CM for over a year and designed some mammoth maps, but this is a new one.

In several recent scenarios, buildings I have placed in the map editor (and double-checked) do not appear in the Preview or during gameplay. Like 10 minutes ago... I placed several tall heavy buildings near some dirt roads and roads through pines (map contains moderate/heavy trees and less than 25 other buildings). Force strength is less than a battalion for both sides. I then went into the scenario editor's preview and noted that the buildings were not there at all. Moving a unit into the spot the buildings were supposed to occupy, i noted the terrain description read "open ground". Wha??! Then I placed some more "dirt roads through pines" and previewed again... The tiles appeared as the "dirt road through open ground" tiles.

Blue & White Mac G3 / OS 9.1 / 400Mhz

Thanks.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by StellarRat:

There is a chance you have hit some game limitation since you admit your map is "mammoth" <hr></blockquote>

The map I'm discussing here is actually of a "small-to-medium" size. Some of the others on which I've noticed this occurence are larger...however this map is fairly small. I don't think it's a unit limit because this is a small village with moderately heavy trees. Battalion of Wehrmacht and some HTs attack a reinforced company of Red Devils with extra mortars and 2 Vickers MGs & jeeps.

Also, I've tried saving and rebooting. The buildings are there in the editor but not in the preview/gameplay.

I'd suggest emailing the scenario to someone and see if they have the same problem editing the file that you do. If so, then I'd assume that something is corrupt about the scenario file itself. If they can't reproduce the problem that you're seeing, then there is something possibly corrupt with your resource files for CM (though I'd doubt that) or something is strange with your particular Mac setup.