Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Running game from CD-ROM: CMBO

I'm able to run the game from my CD-Rom (rather than installing it; fast way to play if I'm away from my home box).

However, how do you play a saved game? I have a previously saved game on the hard drive: how do I load it up? When I get a list of scenarios, I don't see an option to look for my saved game on the hard drive.

I tried a command line to try and run it, but I keep getting "There is no program called Combat" or something like it.

Any tips here?

[ November 19, 2002, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: bignickel ]

Thanks for you quick reply. Too bad that I can't travel with the CD and a diskette and resume my game anywhere.

I wonder if that's allowed with CMBB?

At least I can show the game to anyone who has a computer, and show them what it looks like and how it handles.

for mac users:

- I doan really like to bring my CMBB cdrom everywhere on my notebook. slows things down and too precious to lose the cd-rom.

- instead, i created a diskimage using Os9 diskcopy so that everytime i want to play cmbb, i mount the disk image and click on the installed game to play.

- i have *not* tested cmbb directly from the cd-rom image, but technically it can work if you create the image with "R/W", so that new games are saved in that image. of course, you have to create disk allowances for mods, games etc.