CM:BB - now I'm really offended!!!

Well, beside all side kicks... ;)

Seriously, were is the Blue Division?

They even included the Polish (even if I don't know if they are in as part of the Soviet Army or only for the Warshaw uprising (as Partisans?)

The Blue Division aka 250.ID was a standard Wehrmacht TO&E infantry division on the 1942 pattern (I think) and was reorganised during its existence in the same way as German IDs were. The men wore German uniforms (except for blue shirts and a red/gold/red shield on the right side of the helmet, and sometimes the right sleeve - my God, I am turning into Michael Dorosh... The horror, the horror).

Apart from that, the only difference was according to their 2nd GOC, Esteban-Infantes, that they were all small guys with black hair who died with a smile on their lips. And they spoke Spanish.

Bluedivision.jpg

These Spanish soldiers are not dieing, although they smile. (From the cover of Esteban-Infantes 'Die Blaue Division', Druffel 1977)

Originally posted by Andreas:

The Blue Division aka 250.ID was a standard Wehrmacht TO&E infantry division on the 1942 pattern (I think) and was reorganised during its existence in the same way as German IDs were. The men wore German uniforms (except for blue shirts and a red/gold/red shield on the right side of the helmet, and sometimes the right sleeve - my God, I am turning into Michael Dorosh... The horror, the horror).

Apart from that, the only difference was according to their 2nd GOC, Esteban-Infantes, that they were all small guys with black hair who died with a smile on their lips. And they spoke Spanish.

Thanks for the info...but regarding the TO&E, the same is true for the Canadian, Polish & French troops in CM:BO. Mh. Of course, they reprsented their nation anyway. The Spanish did no so, they acted as part of the Wehrmacht. Maybe that is the answer...

And then there were non-german Waffen-SS troops like Wiking-division etc., in which served Danes, Norwegians, Dutch, Finns etc.

Finns formed III./(finn.)/SS-regiment Nordland (former IV.)- command was in german hands, though.

Miikka

I think the division was 41 pattern originally. Anyhow, would it be worth making separate voices for one out of 300 or so divisions?

In game terms, they are a rather hardy, veteran infantry unit. Just as those SS units would be various flavors of SS infantry of the appropriate quality.

WWB

Originally posted by wwb_99:

I think the division was 41 pattern originally. Anyhow, would it be worth making separate voices for one out of 300 or so divisions?

Uhm, if you ask the sound fetishist in me: definite yes!!! :D

[ July 14, 2002, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: Scipio ]

As spanish i would like to see it, but i do not care if they are not. As someone said, is only 1 division between 300 more, and was formed like a regular inf div, if they were better or no is not a point to make extra textures for them.

and remember, there is always a modder ;)

Originally posted by KNac:

...and remember, there is always a modder ;)

Right, I know a guy called Scipio who made camo uniforms with the Blue Divisions badge on the sleeve for CM:BO. This is not historic correct, but he doesn't cares so much about such things, except he is in the mood to make noise about it and show all the world what an asshole he is. :rolleyes:

Hey, wait...did I say 'a guy called Scipio'. This reminds me of something...? smile.gif