After action report

MCP

Heya all,

Just put up an after action report of a short game I had of a CMBB PBEM game. As always was a fun game and learned something from playing as usual.

the link is AAR2

Was only Bill and mines second CMBB PBEM game, and I think we're still feeling out the new rules and units (for the russian side), but I def like the new game, is alot of fun smile.gif

Hope you enjoy the report.

Cheers

Dale

Very interesting, thanks for taking the time to do it! It seems that we don't get as many AARs as we used to with CMBO, and I sure do miss it! (maybe I should do one-that's a thought).

One question. I too noticed how you bunched up your tanks. Normally, I'm more of the "spread them out" type of commander. Not all over the map, though, I mean still in their platoon formation, just not so literally on top of each other.

I wonder if you or others could comment on this--is it the best way to go? It seems to me that historically you would be a little more spread out, so as to present a less juicy target, while still trying to maintain position that would allow multiple tanks to mass their firepower if necessary.

I remember once in CMBO against the AI, I was defending a village in the snow, the Germans came in with like 6 tanks all very bunched up, and I timed a 100mm+ artillery barrage on them. It was one of those moments you remember for ever!

Murph

Originally posted by MCP:

Heya all,

Just put up an after action report of a short game I had of a CMBB PBEM game. As always was a fun game and learned something from playing as usual.

the link is AAR2

Was only Bill and mines second CMBB PBEM game, and I think we're still feeling out the new rules and units (for the russian side), but I def like the new game, is alot of fun smile.gif

Hope you enjoy the report.

Cheers

Dale

Nice report man, enjoyed it :D

Yeah, I dont think I'd bunch up quite as much with anything other than a meeting armor engagement..but thats what the settings were for that map.

Still the number of times my lone tanks have been beaten up when the AI uses tank group tactics have made me think perhaps its a good "general" rule..to be used as all general rules should..only when appropriate.

Would love to hear others thoughts though.

Cheers

Dale

p.s. hehe I can see why there arent tonnes of AAR's..they are a bit of work. I have another, but its purely text. Let me know if anywone wants to see it and I'll throw it up on the web.

Add to the uberlist of things to put in the rewrite:

1) The Movie- the whole kaboodle movie, but played via CM. You can "stop" anywhere and check out things as in normal play.

2) Well that's already a heck of an AAR, but then also allow the user to add little "notes" to the "movie" frames, like on turn 16 a little window pops up, pointing to the ISU 152, saying "see, this is where I screwed up!!"

Another dream courtesy of

Eden