Good first operation?

I've been playing CMBO since it was released, and BB for a week now, and I've never tried an operation.

What's a good first operation to try? Either game is fine, though I am quite a bit better at BO.

Oh, I already said hello in the BO forum (here), but it seems no one is there anymore!

So, hello everyone!

Originally posted by panzerwerfer42:

I've only played A Long Day's March for any real length of time and have found it to be a great one. It's fun and challenging from either side vs the AI. This one will teach you to fear the tank hunter squads.

Glad you like it. All of the operations on the CD are very good, the question is manageability of forces. The 3 small ones are A Long Day's March, Dergratschi Roadblock and Mobile Defense. But any operation is a great choice and will be far different from CMBO.

WWB

PS: For a great 2 player CMBO operation try Steckenroth Roadblock, avaliable at the Scenario Depot. Link is the first line of my sigline below.

[ September 30, 2002, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: wwb_99 ]

Originally posted by wwb_99:

The 3 small ones are A Long Day's March, Dergratschi Roadblock and Mobile Defense. But any operation is a great choice and will be far different from CMBO.

WWB

Small is definitely what I'm looking for in a first go. They are all listed as "large" or "huge", which is one of the reasons I never played one. I rarely have time for one "huge" battle, much less 12 in a row!

I'll give one of those a try...

I believe the 'Large' and 'Huge' refer to the total size of the forces over the whole OP. You'll rarely have a ridiculous force from the beginning and if your playing a decent opponent, you'll be begging for those reinforcements! ;)

Talenn

Originally posted by Talenn:

I believe the 'Large' and 'Huge' refer to the total size of the forces over the whole OP. You'll rarely have a ridiculous force from the beginning and if your playing a decent opponent, you'll be begging for those reinforcements! ;)

Talenn

Hadn't considered that, but I should have, given how little the "size" has to do with how time consuming a scenario is. What exactly are those "large" and "tiny" ratings based on? Is it the number or units, points, map size, or some weird algorithm?

Originally posted by Malakovski:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by wwb_99:

The 3 small ones are A Long Day's March, Dergratschi Roadblock and Mobile Defense. But any operation is a great choice and will be far different from CMBO.

WWB

Small is definitely what I'm looking for in a first go. They are all listed as "large" or "huge", which is one of the reasons I never played one. I rarely have time for one "huge" battle, much less 12 in a row!

I'll give one of those a try...</font>