pillbox and bunkers destroyed too easily??

All depends on the weapons being used.

Artillery will find it almost impossible to knock out bunkers, while a tank with a large-bore and accurate cannon will find it relatively easy.

"Dammit boy, how many times do I have to tell you?! Use the right tool, for the right job!" - Scotty. biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by I/O Error (edited 12-10-2000).]

Guest Mikey D

I've noticed that pillboxes are oftentimes placed where tanks can get a shot at them all too easily. If you're designing a scenario I'd suggest putting your pillbox in a position that has restricted access, like nestled back between two large buildings, so there's a narrow but deadly field of fire directly in front of the thing. Then you can position another weapon so you can have overlapping fields of fire in that narrow kill zone. That'd complicate matters considerably for the poor tankers.

Skill level of pillboxes matters a lot, even more than tanks IMHO. Regular antitank boxes can't shoot fast enough to defend themself, and green ones keep missing, so they both tend to die quickly. Veterans are about perfect, though, and very deadly unless there is a way for infantry to take them out.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

I have to agree that bunker placement is the key to survivability. As soon as there are multiple tanks firing at it, you can kiss it goodbye. But when you place it so tanks can only approach it one-by-one (preferably so they come into view with their sides showing), your bunker can take out a half dozen tanks. Personally I love 75mm and 88mm bunkers and buy them whenever I can. Slap a machine gun crew beside them and watch the carnage smile.gif