"Hei, tuolla on vihollinen!"

I suppose this one won't make much difference except for the Finnish-speaking majority. In any case, why do my Überfinns keep on saying they've spotted an enemy when there's absolutely nobody around? I get that line over and over when the guys are moving to contact. Is this supposed to model guys being extra jumpy?

It correctly models a Waldfinne special überability. They can smell the enemy far sooner then LOS or noice contact is made. So you can be sure there are enemies somewhere withing a 1km radius when they say that over and over again.

Originally posted by Nabla:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ligur:

It correctly models a Waldfinne special überability. They can smell the enemy far sooner then LOS or noice contact is made.

Shouldn't it be the other way round?</font>

Originally posted by Nabla:

It correctly models a Waldfinne special überability. They can smell the enemy far sooner then LOS or noice contact is made.

Originally posted by Ligur:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nabla:

Originally posted by Foxbat:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Keke:

Someone should make a sound mod to replace the word "vihollinen" with the word "ryssä".

And thus extinghuish any hope of fighting the Lapp wars? ;) </font>

Originally posted by Keke:

Originally posted by Ligur:

Are you suggesting that überforest-finns did not smell of roses after spending 4 months in a korsu?

No, they smelled like napalm, which is the smell of victory. :D

So they DID make moonshine when they were not using the bunker saunas ? ;)

Originally posted by Barleyman:

Everyone knows finns only become Über when they're properly drunk! Russkies tried to copy the tactic with little success. For best results, you need authentic Kilju. Hangover alone is enough to make men lose theri fear of death!

No. You are totally wrong. The Finnish army was drinking piss by their shamans, who had consumed big amounts of Kärpässieni (soma). So did our Siberian foes. With our enhanced shamaninoid perceprion we "smelled" the foes. Unfortunately so did the Siberians. And they were hard to kill. I took half a clip of Suomi SMG to make one Siberian permanently ineffective. And then there was the "magic mushroooms". When it got toughs we just ate some psilcocybin with our Siberian bros and moved to Moon :cool: .

Originally posted by Keke:

BTW, the nickname "ryssä" comes from the Swedish word "ryss", which means simply "Russian".

Why we call Russians Russians is a funny story actually. The Rus were a Viking tribe whose leader, Rurik, was summoned by the Slavs to govern over them, as there was civil unrest in the land at the time (mid 9th century).

So all that happened after that is actually the Swedes' fault. Should've guessed that much. :D

Vikings in the East

Origins of the Russian and Ukranian states

Originally posted by Kallimakhos:

And then there was the "magic mushroooms". When it got toughs we just ate some psilcocybin with our Siberian bros and moved to Moon :cool: .

Gee, this really brings me flashbacks from my army days... wow, the colours...

Originally posted by Kallimakhos:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Barleyman:

Everyone knows finns only become Über when they're properly drunk! Russkies tried to copy the tactic with little success. For best results, you need authentic Kilju. Hangover alone is enough to make men lose theri fear of death!

No. You are totally wrong. The Finnish army was drinking piss by their shamans, who had consumed big amounts of Kärpässieni (soma). So did our Siberian foes. With our enhanced shamaninoid perceprion we "smelled" the foes. Unfortunately so did the Siberians. And they were hard to kill. I took half a clip of Suomi SMG to make one Siberian permanently ineffective. And then there was the "magic mushroooms". When it got toughs we just ate some psilcocybin with our Siberian bros and moved to Moon :cool: .</font>