DeSobry Operation - Read before playing

For those who have been disappointed with the Desobry operation, let me suggest this. If you are playing the GIs, set up your defenses so that you cover your flanks well.

The Germans want to get past you to Bastogne. If you stop them in the town and on the flanks, you should do well. If you don't, they will get past you.

I recommend a strong force to cover the hill on the US right and some tanks and infantry on the outskirts of Noville on the left to watch those roads.

I've found that if you do that, you can keep the operation alive. The Germans won't flank you (as the AI is trying to do) and you can do well.

In my own personal repeated play of this operation, I have found this to be the case for the Americans.

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

Bill,

How about making the "no man's land" setting smaller? In operations I've noticed that between battles the defensive side is the side that is pushed back (not the offensive side like it should be) and that the "no man's land" setting seems to dictate how far they are pushed back.

Jeff

Guest Mr. Johnson-<THC>-

oh yeah its worth it. Good operation I had fun playing from both sides. I had even more fun changing the German troops around a little bit. 4 tigers and 8 Stugs instead of 12 PZ-IVs. Obviously that was too easy. But considering I suffered total defeat as the germans first time playing I wanted revenge. Great map to play with Stumkompanies.