MM at Prum

Oh-- great stuff!!! Hard fought 48-53 draw as the Axis. Night and Snow makes an interesting combo..... BTW, after action I noticed a couple of AT guns still trailered almost off board and undeployed by the Allies--- AI have trouble deploying these, or did I just get lucky? smile.gif If they had been deployed I probably would have lost.....

Damn, you should've saved that for a PBEM. Awesome as a double blind PBEM. I played the Germans and scored a tactical victory. He surrendered after 12 turns, but he did a bunch of stupid stuff on the first turn that doomed him (like vacating his fox holes on the perimeter). Even so, it was tense.

------------------

Jeff Abbott

Lloyd,

the not used guns are reinforcements. There is a bug with the AI not using reinforcements, that will be addressed in a forthcoming patch.

Fred

------------------

"I got signals, I got readings, in front and behind of us!" - PFC Hudson on LV-426 mission

[This message has been edited by Fred (edited 08-14-2000).]

Thanks Fred. You answered well. Yes, and it will make a difference.

I'm delighted it was a good gaming exercise for you, fellas. Thanks for the update

...Wild Bill

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

[This message has been edited by Wild Bill Wilder (edited 08-14-2000).]

I loved this scenario, though I haven't beaten it yet.

SPOILER BELOW!!!!

Actually, this scenario gave me perhaps the worst kick in the nuts of any of them so far, as the Allies. On my left, a pair of tanks smashed through my pathetic little defensive position there, at the road, and was immediately followed by at least a couple platoons of fast-moving, hard-hitting infantry. What I found most impressive about this move was the raw speed and shock of it. They had smashed into my rear in the first minute of the attack, and followed up with unstoppable forces. I've never had a defense come apart on me like that before! WOW!!!

Really? The Germans were behind your front lines after the first 60 seconds? And the AI is controlling the Germans? Wow! I PBEM that one as the Germans and I never really did get behind him. I squeezed in from the sides a lot, but never surrounded him. And I certainly did not blow through the middle until about turn 6 let alone turn 1. I might have to replay that one as the Allies against the AI.

BTW, I'd recommend playing as the allies first in this scenario.

------------------

Jeff Abbott