Of Shockwave and Tracers...and Realism

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Honestly, in all the months of Beta group testing I don't recall a single person thought the loss of shock waves was serious enough to even post a comment on.

Hmmm. It looks like the beta group wasn't very representative of our community. Too bad.

This cry for realism is getting out of hand in my opinion when so much of what is real is selectively sanitized. The whole reason why there isn't more war is because of the realism that war exacts upon humanity.

I say again:

-------------

If it is realism that we're after then where are the bloody mangled bodies? Where are the severed limbs? Where are the cries for their mothers? They were just as much a part of the battlefield as armor thickness, ammo types, tracers, and engine noises.

-------------

Without them, this call for realism makes war look pretty good. It helps the young kids think that it might be something wonderful go out and do. We who are older know better. OR at the very least we should know better.

I guess that it boils down to a philisophical thing. How much more realism should CM have before it becomes a gross distortion of what actually is real by selectively leaving out the misery and pain that goes hand in hand with war?

Personally, I like the miniatures table top game look of CMBO. I like the vast majority of what I've seen of CMBB and I am eternally grateful for it. Most of all, I am NOT crying our for mangled body parts, et...

The miniatures table tob gaming has no blood and no cries of the wounded for their mothers. It is clearly seen as a game. I just say that CM should not lose what makes it a game. That is all.

Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Fred:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />

Vader,

with all due respect, I was not talking to you...

And if I need your advice, I will politely ask for it.

Fred</font>

Guys, everyone needs to chill out a bit here. We have heard your issues, discussed them internally and will see what we can do.

Snipping at one another is not a good way to put your concerns forward.

Now then, this issue is closed until you hear something more from us officially.

Madmatt