Single Player Scenarios

Looking for some challenging scenarios that can be played by one person against the AI that has plenty of surprises. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Also I would like to see if anybody might like to try a pbem or TCP/IP game. Never tried it so I don't know what to expect or how it really works. I've only ever played hotseat with a buddy.(and frankly he's not much interested in strategy games and sucks at it to boot!). Oh I have a crappy dial-up connection so I'm not sure if this affects play much or not. Thanks for any and all replies. :cool:

I've got a tiny scenario that you might enjoy, it is still in playtesting so there are no briefings, but I'd love to get some more feedback... thus far the majority of people who have played it have 1) enjoyed it and 2) fought to a draw...

Just post here if you want me to send it to you ;)

-Jaldaen

Hey Tinman, good to have ya amongst us. A good place to go is www.tournamenthouse.com and register to be a member(free). There are plenty of people to fight against and they can give you advice and answer your questions quickly in their chat room. You will usually find myself in that room, but Jeb, Yobobo, swamp, Commissar and other vets there will be more than happy to help ya. :cool:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jaldaen:

I've got a tiny scenario that you might enjoy, it is still in playtesting so there are no briefings, but I'd love to get some more feedback... thus far the majority of people who have played it have 1) enjoyed it and 2) fought to a draw...

Just post here if you want me to send it to you ;)

-Jaldaen<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure I'll try it, just let me know what side,if any, that I should play it from.

Hey Tinman,

Looks like you have enough suggestions to last you for a year, and I am sure they are all top-notch.

You might want to take a peek at what we have at the Boots N'Tracks CM Raider site.

We work long and hard on these battles and they have all been thoroughly tested by very qualified gamers.

So if you have a moment, go here and check out some of our handiwork!

http://www.militarygameronline.com/combatmission/

We'd be delighted to have you visit us.

Wild Bill

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wild Bill Wilder:

Hey Tinman,

Looks like you have enough suggestions to last you for a year, and I am sure they are all top-notch.

You might want to take a peek at what we have at the Boots N'Tracks CM Raider site.

We work long and hard on these battles and they have all been thoroughly tested by very qualified gamers.

So if you have a moment, go here and check out some of our handiwork!

http://www.militarygameronline.com/combatmission/

We'd be delighted to have you visit us.

Wild Bill<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was just going to recommend Wild Bill Wilder's scenarios, since he's the acknowledged past-master of surprise in CM scenario design. Some of his really surprising scenarios are on the CD, like Bridgehead at Bennicourt and Elsdorf .

Others, like "Relieving the Rangers," "Melee at Marvie," "Far From Over--Paderborn" and the hair-raising "The Wrong Hill," are also terrific and available at most of the major CM sites, including those mentioned above.

In WBW scenarios, expect exciting armored clashes with reinforcements arriving for both sides at surprising moments and from unpredictable angles.

Rune's scenarios are also well worth checking out if you like surprises (or think you do!)

[ 06-28-2001: Message edited by: CombinedArms ]