More interesting CM ideas

Guest Johnsog

Guest Johnsog

Hi,

I've been playing this FANTASTIC demo for a while, and whilst on a whole the game is far superior to all other wargames there are some things I would've liked to have seen in the real game (if they are let me know, becasue I haven't bought it yet) including:

1). Allowing your soldiers to 'EMBARK' enemy vehicles, Lob in a granade and move off (causing enemy tank to subsequently explode)... or maybe, a fire-fight erupts in the tank, and you can then take it over. Then cruise around, blowing up other tanks.

2) When reinforcements arrive, maybe some would carry extra mortar rounds, then you can "join" them up with the Mortar guys who are currently 'empty', so they can be used again.

3) An option to watch 'all the turn movies ' after finishing the mission (battle, operation, whatever...), you can watch the whole 20 - 25 minutes of action at once.

4) Finerlly, I know how some people feel about statistics, but I'd like to know who my most effective unit was, who took out the most infantry etc. A summary screen of all the units would be good.

Anyway..

Thanks.

1) Seems a bit unrealistic to me. I'm sure it happened once or twice during the actual war, but it would happen every other battle if it was in the game.

2) Ammo replenishment has been discussed in depth, it was concluded to be sufficiently far outside the scope of a CM battle that the effort to code it was not worthwhile.

3) On "the list".

4) I'd prefer to just have "post-game" stats (i.e. when you select "map" from the AAR screen, and check the units one by one) simply be FOW-free... probably easier to code, too.

------------------

Questions, comments, arguments, refutations, criticisms, and/or sea stories?

Guest Johnsog

4)It's diffuclt to find the group of soldiers who fought well that were killed 15 turns into the game... you have to scan the map looking for bodies to find out how they went.

I don't think it'd be that hard to code really. It would just pick up the stats from every unit on boths sides (living and dead), display them either side of the screen with their kill sheet, from most effective unit to least based on the values points of killing different units.

1)Also, I agree definatly that you shouldn't be able to drive the tank, although it sure is frustrating when there are 3 tanks blowing the hell out of your men.. you have no bazookas, mortars, artillary and you've managed to sneak a group of men behind the enemy tank line. They should be able to embark and put the pin...