Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

video works on demo but not game

I have a Hercules Prophet 64 mb video card, After several weeks of tinkering with the demo I was able to get rid of the blurry and double text in CMBB. I don't even know exactly what I did that cured it, I did something by accident in the registry. Once I got the demo running I decided to buy the game... guess what, the full game is blurry text and double text. I need help. Please.

This is because the Kyro drivers have settings for each individual game. In the case of the CMBB Demo, you're settings are set for its executable name only.

The setting that you've disabled to clear up your text is 'DisableCopyBlt3D'. Here's a thread that will give you the answers (however you may need to make sure the executable name for CMBB matches - it is only 'combatmission2.exe' for the CDV version).

Assuming you have the Battlefront.com version of CMBB you can create your own .reg file that will add the neccesary info to your registry that should fix the text corruption.

Save the following text into notepad and name the file "kyro.reg" (without the quotes). If you have the CDV version then change Barbarossa to Berlin.exe to combatmission2.exe. Once you have saved the file as a .reg, simply doubleclick it and the info will be added to your registry. Reboot and the text should be fine in the game.

>>>ADD EVERYTHING AFTER THIS POINT<<<

REGEDIT4

; Combat Mission BB

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\PowerVR\KYRO\Game Settings\D3D\Barbarossa to Berlin.exe]

"DisableCopyBlt3D"="1"