Falaise Pocket Scenarios

I'm interested in re-creating battles of the Falaise Pocket; especially the retreat of the Germans through the gap just before it is "closed" by the 1st Polish Tank Division and the US 90th Infantry Division. Also, of my interest is the Canadian involvement.

Are there any created historical or semi-historical scenarios (day and night) depicting these battles?

Additionally, does anyone have any maps or know of resources for the Cambois and Trun areas, or have an idea what the topographical characteristics of the zone is like?

I am also thinking about creating a series of scenarios myself for these close battles. I foresee at least one scenario with the Germans moving west-to-east with an east-edge exit zone, and the Poles coming from the North and the US from the South. Basically, an interesting squeeze play.

Thanks in advance....

Hmm, lets see...

I recommend the following scenarios:

'To the last man'

'Into the east'

'Chambois'

'A rock in the flood'

'The firey French'

The first two are by Andreas, and can be d/l from Der Kessel. The last three are from Wild Bill, and you can snag them from the depot.

As for maps of the area, I suggest you contact Moon. He has a good collection of Normandy maps to choose from.

Kingfish forgot Trun, which is a Byte Battle. Also at Der Kessel.

All of these are semi-historical, but To the last man is trying to get close to the real historical forces on the Canadian side.

BTW - the best account of the fighting in St. Lambert that I know is in 'The South Albertas' by D. Graves.

Enjoy.

The BoB tourny I'm hosting has two new scenarios, Chamois-Closing the Vice, and The Mace that depict action in the Falaise pocket. Since it's a tourny I can't give you any info, the tourny won't end for 3+months.

I'd recommend "Six Armies in Normandy : From D-Day to the Liberation of Paris "

-marc s