I just noticed something for the first time! (And I've been playing Cm since it's release!)

I'm playing one of Wild Bill's Operations (Stolberg). I've forced the AI to abandon one of his Panthers after flanking it with two Sherman 75s and a zook team. I then order one of the Sherms to target the Panther to "brew it up" so the Germans can't put it back into action on the next battle.

I watched as the Abandoned Pather went from a barrel-down graphic to a half-knocked-off turret to show it had been knocked out! I never realized CM graphicly modeled abandoned and knocked out AFVs diffrently! Cool! smile.gif

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Gyrene:

You never noticed that?

Really?

<hr></blockquote>

Yeah! Really!!! :D

I just got a new rig to play CM on a couple of months ago. My old PC was a clunk'n PII 350 with a 8MB Voodoo 2 card. As a result, playing anything other than a small to small/medium battle was frustrating! When I got the new rig, I've been playing CM all the time ever since. I've basicly opened up the game to myself, and am enjoying it (an noticing things) much more than before. :cool:

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

I watched as the Abandoned Pather went from a barrel-down graphic to a half-knocked-off turret to show it had been knocked out<hr></blockquote>

I´ve never seen this! Been playing for a looong time, and missed it entirely... Nobody has a screen-shot of this? Can it be because I started to play CMBO with a really low-end system, upgraded, and still use my original CMBO install from my old HD I imported to my new machine?

Jussi

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

I'm playing one of Wild Bill's Operations (Stolberg). <hr></blockquote>

That's a really fun operation. I enjoyed it as the Germans too, just make sure you give the AI a little bonus, it gave me plenty of surprises each time I tried to mount a counterattack. smile.gif