Operation Help Max # of Units?

I was recently creating a operation and ran out of units?????

I was not allowed too have more than about 3 btn's worth of infantry and support units.

The map was fairly large about 4 km x 3km.

When I "clicked" to add more units nothing would happen, if i deleted one unit/squad I could add another but no more. It seemed to max out at 9500 pts for about each side. Why is this? Does CM have only so many slots for units like steel panthers.

I recall Madd Matt saying that he saw a scenario/operation with approx 12 btn's worth of infantry, how is this possible? I have a very fast computer and would love to create larger operations.

Please Help!

question #2

The maximum map size I can get is as about ~4.5km to 3.9 km is this the largest you can get?

Thanks Guys

Guest Madmatt

Not 12 about 8 and there IS a hard limit on amnount of units. Its not based on points but total units.

Madmatt

p.s. Nobody seems to know what this exact upper limit is though...

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

You need to remember that the more "stuff" you add and the bigger your maps, the more computer memory you consume. Eventually you reach a point where the game is unplayable in the sense that the computer is constantly swapping info into and out of memory, severly slowing game play. This of course makes it frusterating for the player.

I would strongly recommend you cut back on the scope of your scenario. Think small. I myself am used to designing multi-battalion scenarios for other games, so I had to adjust my thinking. Perhaps you can focus on a segment of the battle?