Will PC Demo work with 8mb card?

Stew

I've got an 8mb Geforce2g0 chipset in my laptop and have been running CMBO with hires mods with no problem. I noticed that the system reqs for the CMBB demo specify a 16mb card. Before I spend all night downloading on a 56k modem, i was wondering if anyone had had any luck running it with less than 16mb on a PC.

Also, does this mean that the final CMBB system reqs will be a 16mb card? I had thought that 8mb would be the minimum.

Cheers,

Stew

Yes, CMBB can run on an 8Mb video card, if it is capable of 3D. In your case a GeForce2 Go should work fine to my knowledge. I haven't specifically tested that video chip, but the beta version has worked on a NVidia Riva 128ZX with 8Mb of VRAM - a much older and slower video chip.

The minimum specs that have been posted aren't the absolute minimum that CMBB will run with. However some older 8Mb cards sometimes don't have driver support that allows them to do hardware 3D in Windows versions above Win98. Thus we can run into situations where someone may have an 8Mb card, but no hardware 3D support in Windows 2000 or XP, thus they would be unable to play CMBB in those OS's.