Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Help with an operation-Groesbeek Heights

Hi,

I am hoping someone has the contact details of Eric Tilley, the creator of the operation "Groesbeek Heights" which can be found at the Combat Mission Scenario Depot .

I am currently playing this operation PBEM and need to have the operation objectives clarified. :confused:

The designer's notes say: "This operation is designated Destroy to allow for units being pushed off the map, and later counterattacks resuming the battle. The actual mission essential task is to seize the heights."

There is no label on the map specifically designating "the heights". Of course, i don't even know if the objective is on another map.

If anyone else has played this operation, I would appreciate their take on the victory conditions.

Cheers

Lt Bull

It's been a while since I've played it, but I'll tell you what I know.

The map you get at set up is the entire play area, so it doesn't scroll forward if one side advances.

The heights is the heavily wooded plateau overlooking the Eindhoven / Nijmegan road. Looking at the map from the american side it is to the left of the small village, and directly across the leftmost setup zone (white?)

As far as vic conditions, because it is a destroy op the game will take into account kills rather than territory gained when calculating the winner. However, you will soon realize (no matter which side you are) that whomever controls of the heights controls the board, so territory does play a big role, and should be part of your overall goal.

I hope this helped.