Mods

First of all let me say I've been playing CMBB/CMBO for one week in a row - I'm a true veteran.

I've down loaded many a mod/zip file from all over the web. After un-zipping these files I started to transfer the BMP files to the BMP folder. The alert pops up "Replace existing file?" I canceled the transfer. Here's my question: If I had clicked "Yes to All" would the CMBB/CMBO graphics be forever altered? and the only back to original graphics would be to reload from CD?

Another question: How does one know exactaly what is in the BMP files without opening each and everyone?

MULTIPLE ThANKS (the H is silent) in advance

The best thing to do is to copy the original CMBB/BO bmps ( back them up, that is ) before you decide to replace them. That way you have them on hand to use if you don't like the mod that you've downloaded ( looks funny, etc. ).

Second Question: That one I don't know. I know you have to open the bmps that you want to replace if you want to see what they look like.

[ January 02, 2003, 01:23 AM: Message edited by: Rob Murray ]

Hey Dingo,

Just a suggestion, but copy your cmbb\bmp directory to a cmbb\bmpbak directory. That's what I do, and then it doesn't matter if you overwrite the files cos you can always restore. Next, wander over to the CMHQ site and check out the CMMOS area. This is the way mods should be handled, and I'm really hoping it catches on a bit more than I've recently seen.

I'm only using CMMOS mods, which is paining me a bit, since all the recent, and very excellent mods, have yet to get the CMMOS treatment.

Regards