Hometown Scenario

I was thinking of making a scenario of my own neighborhood, and I was wondering if anyone else ever thought of doing this. It'd be fun have a KT parked outside of my house. With all these fields out here, It'd be good tank country. So, anyone else ever thought/have done this?

[ 10-31-2001: Message edited by: Crash-Neptune ]</p>

Yup my buddy 109 Gustav made a cool set of linked battles that take place where he grew up in Kodiak Alaska. Fun stuff cuz I spent some time there. Could recognizen numerous landmarks. Cool area that was built up with bunkers during WW2 to defend against Japanese attack.

And some Britsh guy made a cool little village from where he grew up. It would have made a good 2 person scenario.

Heh heh . . .

Yeah. I recreated my old neighborhood. But it was a bit of a downer. I grew up in a city, so the suburbs are a bit flat and repetitious. It was fun trying to recall all the detials of streets, back alleys and corner stores. Outdoor hockey rinks, community centres, schools and playgrounds. Liquor stores, shopping malls, gas stations and friends houses.

Once I had it finished, I played a meeting engagement PBEM with a childhood friend who grew up in the same area. We fought over Carmelle Kossawan's house. (She was a total babe!) 300 pt flag for sure!

Also, we took pains to blow up anyones houses that we remembered as being lame-wads. Like Ida-Mae Wards house. (I used my Flammenpanzer on that one.) Or Kelly Nichols house. (What an ass, he was! Used my StuH 42 to blast his place.)

It was good fun.

Gpig

One idle afternoon last week I made a CM map of the area of San Francisco's Golden Gate Park where I work--the museums, Japanses Tea Garden, Stow Lake, etc. It's kind of creepy just how accurate the maps can get. Previewing certain sections of the virtual Park was just like being there, only with lots of European buildings...

Of course I made sure the weather was set to "fog"! smile.gif

I haven't actually made a scenario to go with it yet.