v1.0 to v1.01 conversion problem: LOS

Greetings, all.

While plotting a turn with v1.0 I checked a few LOSs from a group of my tanks to an enemy ATG, and the LOSs were broken by the edge of the plateau the tanks were on.

I sent my move to my PBEM opponent, he converted to v1.01 and sent back his file. I converted too,

and then loaded the file. The action replay showed the tanks and the ATG exchanging fire, i.e. the LOSs were clear.

Most strange.

The LOS line is calculated at the end of the previous turn based on where everything is at the last milisecond of the turn. It is possible that even a small movement in the first milisecond of the next turn could result in the LOS suddenly changing due to the new positions. This is unlikely, but it is entirely possible in theory. I am going to guess that is what you saw happen.

Steve

I saw the opposite effect. I had a number of units including field guns & artillery FOs with LOS to a likely enemy route of advance in v1.0. When I moved to v1.01 they no longer could see to that area and have been rendered fairly useless smile.gif This occurred because previously there was no LOS penalty caused by wheatfields - a situation remedied by the patch.

Hopefully I'll still get to use them for something.

Joe