German version of CMBO

Hi,

some days ago I bought the German version of CMBO (in Germany the english version is not available). I was pleasently surprised of the well done translation of the handbook (200 pages). And the CD was the actual version 1.12, so I didn't need to install a patch smile.gif

I'm sure that I'll soon buy CMBB.

Are there plans for a third Combat Mission covering the desert war or the pacific war?

Greetings

Commander Darken

[ September 24, 2002, 06:51 AM: Message edited by: Commander Darken ]

You were surprised by the good translation? So tell me, what does it mean when you aim with one of your vehicles at an enemy vehicle and for one or both of them "Wanne kaputt" and an optional (if the vehicle has a bow MG) "Bug-MG blockiert" is displayed?

But you are right, besides that the translation seems to be quite good (but on the other hand, I never played CMBO German too long as I got an English version (try amazon.co.uk), so I might have missed some other grave mistakes smile.gif )

Hi Brightblade,

normally I (can) buy the english version of pc-games in Munich pc-games-shops. But CMBO is only available in german language :(

Of course there are some minor translation-errors, but all in all the translation is really well done (especially the 200 pages handbook) smile.gif

I don't regret that I bought the German version of CMBO smile.gif

Greetings

Commander Darken

[ September 25, 2002, 06:49 AM: Message edited by: Commander Darken ]

As I said, the translation seems to be quite good, but there are some mistakes (which is not exceptional after a translation). I wouldn´t call the "Wanne kaputt" mistake a minor one, as I only found out what it means when I finally got my English version and it is quite an important feature in the game. But maybe I´m just too stupid to figure out things like that smile.gif

Anyway, have fun with CMBO, as it is really a great game.

[ September 25, 2002, 07:44 AM: Message edited by: Brightblade ]