CMBO / CMBB Demo and OS X.2

The good news is that they are happy with the Classic Rave 1.8.1 Extension (part of Jaguar Build 6C115).

You can't launch them as "classic" apps from within OS X.2 directly but if you restart (using the same System Folder that Classic uses) they are very happy indeed.

No more 2nd System Folder, Conflict Catcher or Extension Manager work arounds to worry about !!!!!

A 2nd, unexpected, Father's Day present!

[ September 01, 2002, 03:48 AM: Message edited by: gibsonm ]

I'm saying:

1. Upgrade to Jaguar (OS 10.2)

2. Launch any Classic App (say Graphic Calculator)

3. Accept the dialogue box about upgrading system components (gives you Classic Rave 1.8.1)

4. Goto System Prefences and select "Startup Disk"

5. Pick the same System Folder that Classic uses (i.e it includes the Classic Rave extension)

6. Restart

7. Play CMBO or CMBB demo (and presumably CMBB as well) without messing around with Conflict Catcher, Extension Manager or a 2nd System folder that doesn't have the Classic Rave extension installed.

It works fine (apart from some graphics rendering - but I'm happy not to see if the guy has shaved this morning if it means it works!!!)

That's 300Mb of duplicate System Folder I've just reclaimed.

This works both on a 500MHz Ti PB and a 450Mhz iMac DV+ both running the 8MB AFY Rage M3 card. I haven't tried it yet with a machine with a different video card.

Got to be happy with that smile.gifsmile.gif

[ September 01, 2002, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: gibsonm ]