North/South friendly side not working - bug?

I don’t know if this is as it should work or if it is a bug – and if so, if it has been reported yet.

In the Map editor you can set the ‘friendly’ sides as North/South… I tested it a couple of times (before & after the patch), but when you generate forces they still hug the West/East borders of your setup zones. Whether they retreat North/South I did not test.

However – since we assume it is a bug, it is a mayor pain for the map designers creating variations for Biltong’s Campaign Rules (Map Add-On Packs).

We need to make 7 maps (Axis Ass.; Att.; Pr. // Allied Ass.; Att.; Pr. // ME) preferably from a single map by varying setup zones; flag numbers & positions; and some terrain features. If we could switch the existing map to South/North for some of the variations it would make our lives a lot easier….

Anyone knows if this is as it should be? A bug? Reported as such? Does BFC know about it?

I searched 'North' for the last 30 days but found nothing...

Much appreciated

Biltong

Originally posted by manchildstein II:

i've seen troops line up along the north or south... but it may be that i'm setting all 4 edges... for example w/n to axis and s/e to allied... i wasn't really paying attention...

but for whatever it is worth i hope this helps...

Just did a test - mew battle no problem setup and retreat to North/South, but once a map is saved as such you can't change it and that is what I realy needed :(