1st person scenario available.

After following the thread on playing the game in 1st person I designed a scenario specifically designed to play in that mode.

The scenario is called "Italian Morning"

It is available here

http://sites.netscape.net/rodvikh/Italian_Morning.cmb

or if you prefer zip files

http://sites.netscape.net/rodvikh/Italian_Morning.zip

You should regard your first attempt at playing the scenario as your "real" score. Playing with full FOW from 1st person in a scenario where you dont know whats coming makes you value your troops a whole lot more beleive me 8)

Playing in this mode wont be most peoples cup of tea but I have to say I love it.

Enjoy

_dumbo

Here is the breifing from the scenario.

------------IMPORTANT!---------

-----1st PERSON SCENARIO!------

This scenario is not designed to be played in the same manner as normal Combat Mission scenarios.

To play it players should setup the game as normal (using any view they desire). However as the last unit is setup the player should reduce the Feild of view down to the lowest setting (hit the down view arrow icon till you hit view 1). He should then TAB through units to give orders and play the game.

During the game players should stick to the lowest view and TAB perspective whenever possible however it is quite often needed to move the camera around on the horizontal plane to give movement orders through trees etc. this is entirely permissible.

There is ONE instance where it is allowed to use camera view 2 and that is when infantry are located in the second story of a tall house. TAB to the units view then change to camera view 2. You should then nudge forward using the arrow keys until the house wall dissapears and you can see the outside terrain. After you have finished observing then return to view 1 (lowest) as normal.

Playing in this perspective takes time but is rewarding, its like playing a brand new game. Obviously its possible at any time to "cheat" and change the camera view, I urge you to resist the temptation. If you save your movies each turn you can watch them at the end and you will be utterly amazed at how different the battle looks from your birdseye view.

The scenario uses very small forces which you will appreciate once you start playing. The scenario is laughably easy to win in 3rd person mode but of high difficulty in 1st person. You may find yourself concerned more for the lives of your men than the objectives on the map, I know I did.

Thanks to ScottK and the other CM board freaks for the idea.

_dumbo

----------Scenario Overview---------

Its "Morning" In europe in Churchills words, as D-Day gets underway and the long night of Nazi occupation begins to fade. However not all the action takes place in France. At the same time D-Day is launched several units along the Italian front are ordered to advance where possible, harrassing and keeping German units pinned down. This scenario details a probe by British Troops towards a German held village.

The scenario should be played as the British, playing the Germans will be not only be difficult but less rewarding as the full impact of advancing with limited views is diminished.