Newbie...what extra's should I download...

Left a note with Treeburst on another thread but decided I would just go ahead and post this for any others who have the time.

CMBO is coming in the mail finally after months of playing the demo from time to time.

While I'm waiting could some of you guys advise me on what extra's I should be dl while I wait?

I have cable modem so it doesn't take long. I probably won't use any extras while I'm learning the nuances of the game but just thought it would give me some more insight into the depths of this gem of a game.

Super thanks.

[ December 04, 2002, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: skunkle ]

This is a matter of personal preference but my recommendation would be to download as many MODs as you can.

I think the original shipping version of CMBO looked pretty corny ( but again, this is a matter of taste )

There is a wealth of mods out there available for download that will make your CMBO look amazingly realistic.

Mods for terrian, vehicles, buildings, uniforms, smokes, etc... Just about everything you can think of.

For someone just starting out, I would suggest going to this site:

CM Outpost

This site will allow you to see the many avialble mods available for download. It will also allow you to compare so you can decide which ones you like the best.

Strontium Dog has come out with some wonderful CMBO mods recently and I don't believe these are listed at CM Outpost. Be sure not to overlook his stuff.

You can find his stuff at:

CM Mod Database

Oh, and then there's all the custom scenarios out there that would take you a life time to play...but that's another post.

Happy Hunting smile.gif

After you download all those mods you may need a way to mange them all. Check out CMMOS.

http://www.combatmission.com/cmmos/cmmos.asp

Try changing things in the game that you don't like first then experiment. When I first started to play CMBO I had a hard time distinguishing the woods from scattered trees, so this was the first terrain feature I changed. I have a friend who loves tanks, so these were the first to get changed in his. I now constantly change the way my game looks (terrains, skies, buildings, etc), so it rarely looks the same each time I play