Here's what happened....

I was playing a game and lot of my Shermans and Stuarts (and Hellcats) had been taken out by the various StuGs, Panthers and a Jagdtiger that had come into the battle.

I had an M8 Greyhound up my sleeve, which I managed to manouver around the side of the enemy. Twice it fired at the Jagdtiger from about the german tank destroyer's 3 or 4 o'clock. Twice, the round shattered against the Jagdtiger's hull. It started to turn around to see what was annoying it.

Then, lo and behold, MY GREYHOUND TAKES OUT THE JAGDTIGER!!!!! It said that it had hit a weak point in the hull.

I should have taken a screenshot but being on a deserted Pacific Island, I couldn't. I thought I would just share this little triumph with you all!

It is quite amazing ofcourse and I yearn for the old days when such happenings drew a large and activist crowd into the usual banter preceding an all out bar room brawl. Generally I believe now-a-days it is just accepted that the magic shell theory prevails. You see, the projectile simply entered through the monster's barrel and bounced off the rear of the turret and then struck the driver in the back of the head, whereupon it splintered sending shards upwards which traveled Northbound up the TCO's pants leg where it struck the Waffenjewels knocking them back, and to the left, (back and to the left), and exited through the front (luckily open) trouser fly, and (this part is important), veered to the right and at a downward 90 degree angle striking the gunner in the left shoulder. After entering the shoulder area, the shard then bounced off the collar bone and made another 90 degree turn, this time to the left and exited through the underarm pit striking the drivers gear shift knob and with one more 90 degree turn to the rear, the shard then entered the magazine compartment igniting the ammunition stores destroying the vehicle.

Pretty simple really. smile.gif

Are you sure there wasn't a Sherman behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll? Scores of Volksgrenadiers ran there immediately after the killing shot was fired, but they were turned away by a U.S. Army sharpshooter disguised as an SS guard who confiscated all cameras. If you look closely at the screen shot taken at the time the shell would have been fired, you can see the muzzle blast above the fence, next to the grainy image of the SS guard, whose badge is clearly outlined.

Or maybe it was just a weird shadow. Computer enhancement was unable to determine this conclusively.

So your the saying the Greyhound was just a Gestapo patsy? That the Jagdtiger was actually killed by the mob and the German military industrial complex was responsable for the assasination of the Jagdtiger?

[ July 12, 2002, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: Splinty ]

actually, it was lbj, castro, kruschev, the anti-castro cubans, the fbi(meaning j. edgar of course), and the mob, all working in conjuction to kill the poor jT. the m8 was just delivering some curtain rods to the front when the whole thing happened...

probably coconut radios, besides thats nothing like the disgruntled confederate Stuart gunner who assasinated a Panther at 900m (from behind but come on its a 37) needless to say no one in my dorm could understand all the jubilation and yelling, and upon explanation of what a Panther and a Stuart was, I then had to explain what WWII was, I hate our education system.