Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Feel Good Post o' the Day, with question

Quoted from Computer Games magazine September issue, in a review of Uncommon Valor (a Pacific grand strategy game from 2by3 Games, which received 4 out of 5 stars)

"With Uncommon Valor, 2by3 Games has created what is easily the most polished, intelligent, and sophisticated wargame since Combat Mission

And now The Question: Has anyone played Uncommon Valor ? I've been a wantin' for a good Pacific Theater game for awhile now, especially carrier-based operations. I would love to see a computer version of the old Avalon Hill Flattop. Any info? What about any others?

Originally posted by Jack Arilliac:

I've been a wantin' for a good Pacific Theater game for awhile now, especially carrier-based operations. I would love to see a computer version of the old Avalon Hill Flattop.

Mucho ditto. Especially re Flat Top.

Several years ago there was a Mac-only game called Victory at Sea, for which I had high hopes. I got it and spent a couple hundred hours playing it, but alas, it was a POC. Buggy as hell and poorly implemented game concepts. Still, it was the only thing that came even close.

There is definitely a void to be filled here. A year or so back I came across a webgame called Task Force or something that was in developement. It looked promising even though I expect it may have been PC-only. But I lost the URL and haven't heard anything since, so maybe it was stillborn. For some reason it seems to be hard to do a good Pacific game, perhaps because it's hard to integrate the mechanics of air/sea/land warfare so that they work smoothly together?

Michael

Ive bought UV about 2 mnths ago and installed it and had a play around for 20 minutes and have touched it since.

Looks good but im still hooked on my CM and awaiting CM2 and also playing some strategic command and Toaw (europe aflame) Whewww ,and even the odd hr or so a week with WW2 online.UV im sure ill get around to it,but hey then i got GI combat and HOI still to come